This is the website of the PhotoDyn research group at the University of Southampton. This group was established following Professor Fabrice Pierron‘s EPSRC Established Career Fellowship project called Photodyn (‘Innovative photomechanical approaches in identification of the dynamic mechanical behaviour of materials‘). This project aimed at the development of novel high strain rate test methods based on ultra-high speed deformation and inverse identification. The group more generally works in the field of ‘Icomechanics’ (image-based mechanics), coupling advanced deformation imaging techniques like the Grid Method or Digital Image Correlation and inverse identification tools like the Virtual Fields Method.
- Guest Professorship March 10, 2023
- New role for Prof. Pierron October 1, 2021
- The IBII manual has just been released! August 30, 2019
- 2019 SEM Hetényi award June 10, 2019
- 14th International Conference on Advances in Experimental Mechanics February 14, 2019